by Emayeneme Gbemiye-Etta
The easiest part of creating a website can be its creation and then the harder part comes, how do you create a path to your website so that you can get the traffic and therefore the advertising and revenue? One always has to keep in mind that there is a difference between traffic to your website and creating an income from that traffic.
What you want to make sure of when you are bringing traffic to your website is that they not only visit but that if you have anything to sell they are either buying from your website or that they are subscribing to your website. People, subscribing to your website ensures that they are more than likely to come back. This means you have a dedicated audience and therefore a reported audience for people interested in advertising on your website.
What are the different ways that you can draw traffic to your website?
- Create a buzz by writing articles or comments that ensure that your article comes up in the top ten searches on a search engine.
- Create a profile for the website on social media websites like LinkedIn and face book.
- Use twitter to provide timely and regular comments about any subject matter and/or articles that are on your website.
- Create a blog where relevant and innovative information related to the information on your website is posted on a regular basis.
- Develop partnerships and links online that bring a targeted audience to your website.
- Embed videos that provide short clips on the subject matter on the website on YouTube but also make sure the video is embedded on your website and at the same time there is a link from YouTube to your website.
- Market the website with a number of innovative marketing strategies that include:
- Using key words that are searched enough but are not in competition with large and competitive websites.
- Make sure the target words on your website are targeted to the traffic that will find the information on your website relevant.
- Provide interesting and different data that when people find your website they will realize you have relevant information for them and the information will keep them coming back.
For any website you are launching you want to make sure that you are marketing to a targeted audience because in some cases there is nothing worse than having people who are not interested in the subject matter coming toyour website. You want interested people who will help with increasing your revenue.